Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Testimony...

Okay, so some of you may know that I was looking around for a church that was closer to home. Tried a few and I really wasn't feelin the ones I tried. Everyone looks for something different, looks for that comfort and warm feeling when you make a church, a home.
Well with no luck, this past Sunday, I went back to my home church. I know FOR SURE, I will get the word and everything else I am looking for right there at Life Changing Ministries. So...I went..and already knew Pastor was going to give me that look...yeah you know that look!

So, I walked in the sanctuary, and Pastor Woods made direct eye contact with me and gave me that look and the head nod, like.."Yeah I see you, glad to see you though" look. So I nod back, like, "Glad to see you too Pastor!" =) Which I was, I just felt at home.

Praise and Worship...of the chain! (as usual). Usually after Praise and Worship he asks us to welcome our neighbors and show some love. So..at this time I when I decided to go show my Pastor some love...he gave love right back. True my Pastor hasn't seen me in a while, but he greeted me as if he just saw me yesterday, and asked, "How you doin Pat" (person #3 I will allow to call me Pat)...I replied, "I'm healing....I'm healing, thank you", so he smiled gave me that look like, "You are in the right place!" So...I find my way back to seat...

The congregation is introduced to this Pastor from Ghana...BOMB! Wow! Guess what the message was about....HEALING!!!! HELLO!? Instant chills...I swear my skin looked like an orange peel the ENTIRE service! So he speaks about healing!

He reminded us that, "By his stripes we are healed!" Which is so true...
No matter what type of wounds or bruises we have, whether they are emotional, spiritual, physical, economical, financial....you can be healed!"

If you claim....you can inherit my friends, all you gotta have is your faith in the right spot! I can testify to this as I am sure many of us can!

So he asked us..."WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?"
Compare your bruises to his bruises! Let go of any issues you may be holding onto from your past, HE was bruised far more than us...think about it! Transfer your emotional wounds to him and let him rescue you and repair!

If you cannot solve your own problems....TURN IT OVER TO HIM!!!

A few of the versus that were discussed...loved them

Isaiah 53:5
"But HE was wounded and bruised for our sins. He was chastised that we might have peace; he was lashed - and we were healed!"

Luke 11:24-25
24 - When a demon is cast out of a man, it goes to the deserts, searching there for the rest; but finding none , it returns to the person it left."

25 - and finds that its former home is all swept and clean"

Mark 9:14-29
14 - At the bottom of the mountain they found a great crowd surrounding the other nine disciples, as some Jewish leaders argued with them
15 - The crowd watched Jesus in awe as he came toward them, and then ran to greet him
16 - Whats all the argument about? he asked.
17 - One of the men in the crowd spoke up and said, "Teacher I brought my son for you to heal as he can't talk because he is possessed by a demon.
18 - And whenever the demon is in control of him it dashed him to the ground and makes him foam at the mouth and he bites his teeth and becomes rigid. So I begged your disciples to cast out the demon, but they couldn't do it."
19 - Jesus said [to his disciples], "Oh what tiny Faith you have, how much longer must I be with you until you believe? How much longer must I be patient with you? Bring the bout to me."
20 - So they brought the boy, but when he saw Jesus the demon convulsed the child horribly , and fell to the ground foaming at the mouth.
21 - "How long has he been this way?" Jesus asked the father. And he replies, "Since he was very small
22 - and the demon often makes him fall into the fire or into the water to kill him.
Oh have mercy on us and do something if you can."
23 - "If I can?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if you have faith."
24 - The father instantly replied, "I do have faith: oh, help me to have more!"
25 - When Jesus saw the crowd was growing, he rebuked the demon. "Oh demon of the deafness and dumbness," he said, "I command you to come out of this child and enter him no more!"
26 - Then the demon screamed terribly and convulsed the boy again and left him and they boy lay there limp and motionless, to all appearance dead. A murmur ran through the crowd - "He is dead."
27 - But Jesus took him by the hand and helped him to his feet and he stood up and was all right!
28 - Afterwards, when Jesus was alone in the house with his disciples, they asked him, "Why couldn't we have cast that demon out?"
29 - Jesus replied, "Cases like this require prayer"

Mark 9:23
"Anything is possible if you have faith"

**Please be sure to refer to the specific bible verse and read from your bibles, as we all use different versions...

Stay easy family!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME post! I haven't visited your blog (or any for that matter) in quite some time. Glad I came across this today! Much love to ya!! Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS