Wednesday, May 7, 2014

{Weekend Leisure...Part 1}

Well this past weekend was busy as heck, but I had a great time for the most parts! Those who know me know I stay busy...I had a jam packed weekend and the weather was bomb.com, so that helped my vibe tremendously....we have been having 80-90 degree weather...however today its supposed to rain...go figure!

Cali Life baby!

This past weekend was National Scrapbook Day and I am sorry, but only my crafty friends will understand how important this day is in the industry. What is National Scrapbook Day some may be wondering?

"Each year on the first Saturday in May, it is National Scrapbook Day.  Also known as National Scrapbooking Day, on this day thousands of people get together all over the country to celebrate with scrapbooking parties and share their talents with others.  Scrapbooking dates back to the 15th century.

As per Wikipedia: “Scrapbooking is a method for preserving personal and family history in the form of a scrapbook. Typical memorabilia include photographs, printed media, and artwork. Scrapbook albums are often decorated and frequently contain extensive journaling. Scrapbooking is a widely practiced pastime in the United States.”

Scrapbooking is a hobby of preserving memories and at the same time it provides a strong social network.  ”Scrappers”, as they are called, get together and scrapbook at each others homes, local scrapbook stores, scrapbooking conventions, retreat centers and have even gone on cruises.  Together they share tips and ideas and enjoy the social outlet.

The scrapbooking industry doubled in size between 2001 and 2004

According to our research, National Scrapbook Day, an “unofficial” National holiday was started in 1994 by the scrapbook company, Creative Memories."

This year, me and a few girlfriends participated in a crop hosted in Orange, our company was the best part...my day was not going as expected to say the least..for starters...when I parked at the crop, I immediately remembered I left behind at home, 3 bins I usually keep my embellishments in and my alphas...BOO to that! I was not returning home...so I found myself at Micheal's. =/
Upon returning from Micheal's, I start to unload my stuff...and I am digging in my bags to unload and get my set up goin which is when I cut my finger extremely bad to the point where I had to hunt down band-aids and apply serious pressure, cuz I wouldn't stop bleeding..

After settling down...the room temp was just not my cup of tea. I have difficulties in scrapping in cold temps...I never found my groove which was slightly disappointing to say the least! At least I had my girlfriends!
Here are a few pics we snapped on NSD:

Me & Andrea
 Me & Wendy Wen

 Alondra & Janice

 Me, Alondra & Janice
 Andrea, Me, Alondra & Janice
 My boo...even though she gets on my nerves at times...she did order us those cute matching pink Tees...says, "Scrappin With My Peeps"


 Don't mess with a scrapper...we got TOOLS! 

 Julia, Wendy & Angela
 Wendys Crew... =)

This my first time in a LOOOONG time, that I attended a 12 hour crop and having absolutely nothing to show for it...sad huh? Mojo was not in the building that day!

If you are a scrapper I sure hope you enjoyed your day!
There will be a part 2 of this past weekend, because I do have one more event to share with you, but this one was longer than expected!
Toodles for now!
Tricia





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS