Thursday, November 29, 2012

{ Christmas Time, Pics, Elf on the Shelf! }

Thought I would catch you up on a few goodies...I have more than a few pics to share...had some fun with these pics....
 
I have been having alot of fun with Bre this year and Christmas, she is so innocent, I love it! I think I am having more fun than her! Oooh if she only knew the tricks that are up my sleeve! Just found out about this darn Elf on a Shelf which I will share more when you scroll down...
 
One of Santa's elfs came by and visited Bre before she woke up and we woke up to chaos in the bathroom....scroll down...you will see!
 
Enjoy!
 
1. The day we decorated the trees with "plain" lights. Lol...if you missed that post, you may want to go back and re-read the prior post about my Shenanigans!
 
 2. Bre wrote on a post-it note her letter to Santa. I mean that's not bad for a 5 year old...one thing...I like it. She has been learning how to write her sentences out without help..we teach her to just sound it out! And she is doing great! Her post-it reads, "Der Santa, wut a Bike"! Well you go girl! You got it!
 3. The elfs came!!! Mischievous little boogers!!! Wrote in LIPSTICK on the bathroom mirror...
The elf wrote..."Hi bre! I saw your PJ's! Ha! Ha!, Elf"....The next day was wear your PJ's to school so, supposedly the elf saw her PJ's...and Bre was trippin out...lol...she walked in the bathroom and said, "Oh boy!" LOL!


 4. Yours TRULY!
 5. Last but not least....thanks to friends and Pinterest...I heard about the Elf on the Shelf....for those who do not know...here is the little story on the back of the box. Its really cute...(written by the creator Carol V. Aebersold.

"This charming tradition began for our family when my children were very small.  Like most children through the ages, they wanted to know how Santa really knew who was naughty or who was nice. Their answer, as in my own childhood, came in the form of a small pixie-elf.

The first time the elf arrived at our home, my children officially adopted him by giving him a name. Each year he would arrive around the holidays, usually at Thanksgiving.  His sole responsibility was to watch the children's behavior and report it to Santa each night.  The next morning after the children awoke, they discovered the elf had returned him from the North Pole and was not resting in a new and different place. My children would race each other out of bed to try and be the first to spy him in his new position.

To preserve the elf's Christmas magic the children were not allowed to touch it; however, talking to the elf was encouraged.  My children shared many secrets with their elf and while he was under strict orders not to talk to them, the elf was under no such orders where grown-ups were concerned.

Unwittingly, the tradition provided an added benefit, it helped the children to better control themselves.  All it took was a gentle reminder that the "elf is watching," for errant behavior to be modified.

**Carol V. Aebersold







Im sorry! Yes, I was having a little fun with the elf! LOL! Bre is not here....so I thought I would acquaint myself with him! I will have her name her (yes, its a girl), and the pranks shall begin immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS