Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 13 - A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

{Day 13 A letter to someone who has hurt you recently}


OK.
I have been on a small hiatus for this challenge and I am going to do my best to catch up today, by posting multiple challenges. One reason I have gotten off track is becuase I took a quick trip to Ensenada on a Girls Get Away cruise. Second reason I have not been on here to post could be because I was avoiding this challenge. I guess its time to do it and move on!

Here, we go...

A letter to my past.

I have been challenged to write a letter to someone who has hurt me recently. Becuase of the pain that I have experienced the past 2 years, I have built this huge wall which has help assisted on blocking any future hurts and pains. I have not had anyone hurt me as bad as you have. Of course, if someone asked you, you may sit and say the same thing which is to be expected.

I have attempted to make peace with you in many ways, but I think due to the bitterness and the twisted feelings that we have for one another another it is difficult to find peace and be at peace with what has occured. Even though I am a better woman today than I was 2 years ago, I still hurt at night knowing that half of my life was on unsteady ground, built on quicksand. Granted, there were many good times and most def had our share of bad times. There was a point in time where the bad begin to outweigh the good. We were young when we got married, and as we know it now, I think it is safe to say we both were comfortable and no one was ready or had the guts to make the first step to say, it can't go on like this.

I keep erasing what is really on my mind, because I do have to keep in mind that this is a public forum and as I should not really care what you may think about what I have to say, you are still human and Gods child.

We both know what went down so because this letter is to YOU, you already know whats up. HOWEVER, the best part that has come out of this is my beautiful daughter, and I would not trade her for the world..not at all! Another great thing that has come out of this all is the fact that I have been able to take a look back and realize where I failed as a wife, what I could had done better to save my marriage. I can proudly say that I can admit to myself that I acknowledge my faults. Whether or not you want to believe it or not, I do accept what I lacked. You know that when we married we married young...didn't really know what being married was all about. Who did we really have in our corner to talk about marriage to?

Because of all this that has occured, I am a better woman and will most deifnately become a better wife to the next man. Because please trust, I am wifey material.. =) One thing that lacked in our marriage was our love for God. God was NOT in our marriage where he should had been, we both lacked faith, and without that, we were doomed from the gate.

Only time and prayer is a healer of all wounds. Only time and prayer. God has my back and as long as you are on the right track with him my friend, he will have yours.

1 comment:

  1. I was married before as well...but luckily it ended amicably and we didn't hate each other...but now that I look back I realize the only reason we divorced was because we were so young....we didn't realize that we both weren't done growing...we thought that our growing meant we were growing about and therefore needed to be apart...if only someone had told us that we will always grow during our marriage and the understanding and appreciation of each other will keep us together...we were way too young to understand that though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS